Frequently Asked Questions
- Are you available on my date and at the reception location?
I will tell you upon calling if I, personally, am available onyour date. If I am not available I will let you know who is available.
- Do you schedule more than one event on a given day? No, no DJ will do more than one event on any given day. We have a team of 6 DJ/MCs Enough to cover all the jobs and still maintain a high level of professionalism and class
- What is the deadline to reserve the date? Dates are already being booked in 2007 (believe it!)
- Is a deposit required and, if so, how much? Deposit is 50% of your contract price
- What are your fees and how do you charge (by the hour, flat rate, etc.)? We charge by the event, total time, venue and travel involved.
- When is the balance due for the event? 14 Days before the event
- Do you offer any special packages or discounts? Yes
- Does the price include background music during dinner & cocktails? Yes, if it is included in your time frame.
- Can the length of time you play be extended and, if so, what are the overtime charges? Yes, based on package
- Are there other fees not included in your price list? A travel fee? No prices quoted are all inclusive
- Do your fees include any extras, such as lights, etc.? Basic light show is included in all packages, but must be requested, more extensive lighting packages are available at an additional cost. Video demonstrations can be shown upon initial meeting
- What is the cancellation and/or postponement policy? 50% down non refundable and no cancellation within 30 days of event
- Do you have liability insurance? Yes, $2,000,000.00
- Will you be a Master of Ceremonies or only play music?
Both, but some venues and clients require two diffferent people a dj and an MC
- Are there any special elements to your performance? Yes, our show is unique, creative and designed especially for your wedding day
- Do you use props? At the client's request we have confetti blasts, teddy tosses and more.
- What kind of microphones do you use? Shure
- Do you encourage audience participation? If the client wishes we encourage, but do not intimidate.
- To what age groups do you usually cater? all 4-99
- How long have you been working?
Since I was 15 carrying crates of records
- Can you send either a demo videotape or audiotape? Video tape?? audio tape??? How about a DVD? My answer to this is yes I do have video available, but have you ever seen a DJ or MC make himself look bad on a demo dvd or cd? The best thing is to call references, meet with your dj and see what kind of a "vibe" you get. In your mind think, "Can this company give me what I want on the most important day of my life?
- Do you have any references I could contact who recently had weddings? Yes a full reference list of recent clients is available upon request
- Who will be performing at my wedding? Is there an assistant?
The Dj on the contract will perform weather or not there will be an assistant will be determined based on your particular needs for the event.
- Do you advertise with signs at the reception?
NO WAY!!! TACKY TACKY TACKY!
- How do we choose the music that will be played? You will have an online planner to make your own musical suggestions
- Is the play list predetermined? By your suggestions only
- Do you take requests?
If the client wants us to
- Can the volume be adjusted during the reception if it is too loud?
- Can we see you perform live?
No, a wedding is a private affair and I would not invite a stranger to your wedding either. We will furnish you with the names and emails of recent clients
- How many breaks will you take and how long are they?
- Is taped music played during the breaks?
- What kind of food and beverages are expected during the evening?
Vendor meals should be provided by the client
- What will you and anyone working with you be wearing? Normally tuxedo, but at the discretion of the client
- When will you arrive and set-up? 1 1/2 hrs before event starts
- How long does it take and will it be completed before the guests arrive?
30 minute setup and soundcheck before first guest arrives
- What kind of equipment do you use?
JBL, Denon, Shure, Numark
- How much space is required for your equipment and how many power outlets?
Depends on the event and lighting package selected
- Do you have any recommended vendors (flowers, cakes, photographers, videographers, etc.) who you have been impressed with? Yes, call us for our list.